Joining GICAT means…
- Participate in exchanges between industrialists and institutional representatives, have access to services, boost your network and gain visibility
- Being part of a reference group for land and airland defence and security issues
- Be part of the French excellence in defence and security
Benefit from services
1. Access to information:
- Information and exchange seminars with institutions
- Meeting days between large groups and SMEs
- Cycle of high-level thematic conferences
- Contacts between industrialists and/or decision-makers, etc.
2. Export support:
- Monitoring of national and international tenders (www.gicat.info)
- Country studies prior to trade shows and market studies
- Technology watch on trade shows
- International patents monitoring
- Organization of international prospecting missions
- Support services at trade shows
- Guide to Export Financing
- Export Control Support Service
- Co-exhibition on GICAT stand, etc.
3. Communication – Public Affairs:
- Cercles Prospective Terre, Forum Prospective Défense and SécuriTerre
- Arguments and awareness-raising communication towards institutional decision-makers
- Various communication supports (Directory, brochures on trade shows, company files on the website, capability brochures, etc.)
- Daily press review on the sector’s news and monthly agenda
- Support to gain influence
Membership conditions according to GICAT statutes
- To be a company under French law, a private, public or semi-public research institute carrying out in France at least one of the following activities: study, development, manufacturing, implementation, promotion and sales.
- These activities must necessarily concern equipment, systems or services for land and air defence and security.
- Any entity with or without its own legal status, placed at the head of a group of companies or subsidiaries with a consolidated turnover of at least 150 million euros in the fields of activity covered by GICAT can also apply for membership.
- Any natural person of French nationality, company, association or legal organization that contributes significantly to the activities listed above without fulfilling the conditions of active member.
Any company applying for membership as a sales office, representative structure or distributor (particularly of foreign products, equipment or systems) is excluded.
All applications are subject to approval by the GICAT Board of Directors.
Are you a start-up?
GICAT launched a new label “Generate” in 2017 allowing French start-ups to understand and integrate the defence and security world. The primary ambition of this label is to become a HUB of exchanges in order to promote innovation within the land and airland Defence and Security sector. These industrialists develop high-performance, cutting-edge equipment that is a guarantee of great technical expertise. Start-ups are sometimes unaware that they are at the origin of technologies that can be useful in the world of defence and security.
Joining “Generate” by GICAT is to offer them new opportunities and to ensure them a tailor-made support to develop.
The objectives of this label are to:
- Promote a collective intelligence approach between defence & security players and start-ups from other sectors
- Participate in the French excellence in innovation and make the defence & security sector benefit from it
- Highlight the importance of innovation within the land and air defence and security industry
For further information, please contact Hubert RAYMOND, Head of Innovation and GENERATE: firstname.lastname@example.org